Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Take a deep breath....

Today, oh my today. Today was not a good day. For the first time in almost four years of teaching I felt like I lost control of my classroom. There is a laundry list of issues that need attention in today's public education. And today I realized that I do not have the answers. Today I realized that I cannot save the world, I do not have the ability to change every life, and I will not always be successful. But today I saw through the fog of these truths and realized that I can be a positive influence on the lives of the students that have the desire to be successful. I will be able to help some of my students. And finally, I will never give up on any student regardless of their own motivations. Today I learned the I look forward to the next more than I truly realized. I am reminded that regardless of how the bad a day might seems there is always a reason to give thanks.

Thanks

Living is a painful thing, a
Strainful thing, a
Gainful thing.
-Thanks-

Thanks for-
The spanks
The cranks
And the yanks.
-Thanks-

Toys bring
Joys bring
Noise means
Girls and a boy
-Thanks-

Spread not tread
Give and live
Believe then achieve
Learn then earn
Above all,
Love big not small!
-Thanks-

G.Cook 10/08

2 comments: